Wednesday, May 18, 2011

BV

Three days now I’ve been living out of the back of my car. Buena Vista will be my home for this summer, and after only three days on the 40 degree water - today it even snowing - I can’t imagine a better way to spend these next three months. The people I’m working with - mainly the other rookies - have helped to make sense of myself in so many ways... they share a similar spirit, 6 of us 12 living out of our cars, the other six currently camping right near our vehicles with no plans to leave... seedlings for a beautiful, diverse community have been planted, and the looks of what will sprout I can only imagine.

This summer I will be retracting myself from the world of social media. I want to live fully here where I am, without living one curious toe in the Denver pool. I was thinking about it the other night, and with leaving fb for the summer I realized I may not feel its effects until a month or so into my ‘rehab’. I was at the Coyote Cantina last night with some good new friends, and near the mid of our conversation we all shared a similar reality... we realized we had felt a complete separation from the world these last two days, and hadn’t even realized the separation, other than that it felt good. That said, separation from multiple forms of media is something I’m extremely excited about... I feel like it’ll make tuning my ears (of the heart/spirit) a whole bunch easier.

The point of this blog really is to inform whoever is on the other side of this reading that I will be regularly updating my blog with whatever the spirit compels me to share... Also, I will have my phone and email, although not right on my hip all the time, I will be checking both regularly.

Off now to go get some grub... bye now.

No comments:

Post a Comment