Friday, March 2, 2012

The New Job.

3 . 2 . 12

"For my father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life... I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.. I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will NEVER die. Do you believe this?" - Jesus (jn6:40/47/11:25)


Chicago went well. Extremely well. :)

Allow me to share...

Craig (president of Warm Blankets) greeted me at the airport and took me directly to HQ where we would - after meeting the handful of incredibly warm spirited, extremely driven & obviously compassionate staff members - sit down in the 'think tank', mapping out what his vision was for me within the organization.

The job will consist of me helping to develop a strategic approach and establishing a foundation of consistent donor support... going first after specific niche industries (PT clinics/real estate groups etc..), we'll give them the opportunity to come alongside an orphan home within the Warm Blankets network, giving the children consistent financial support, over time building relationships with the orphans and widows in the homes, and even getting the opportunity to visit, and feeeel the weight of the impact of their support. Mutual benefits abound.!.!. both the orphans and the groups domestically who'll be committing to support will have much to gain through this relationship, both in the spirit & worldly realms... the Lord wants to bless those who bless others. And I get to help deliver these blessings to both groups! What a blessing :) God is goooood...

So, growing these - soon to be - many new donor streams of financial support, the big picture is that Warm Blankets would realize a more stable foundation where the reliability of month-to-month support would grow from many little streams flowing into one big, deep, fast moving river of support to deliver our God's hope and love - in the form of care - to these children who have been pulled out of war torn regions of SE Asia and Africa, and giving them (orphans & widows) a family & a home above a church where the goal is to transform and give life, making disciples for the Kingdom...

It's funny.. these homes are in some real sketchy, sometimes extremely dangerous environments where I'll get to go visit... and my roommate Judd when I was telling him about the details of the job (He's SO excited for me and wants to be a part of this work somehow.. praise god :)) he at one point paused and said, "so, it's like you're a soldier for the Lord?"

YES! Exactly! :) Glory...

Mmmm.. moving on... the job would allow and encourage between 3-5 (+/-) international trips/year where I would be a part of a team leading these new donors through the Warm Blankets network, giving them the opportunity to prick their finger with the end of the spear they've grown sharp over time with their faithful support...

My first trip is on the 22nd to Kenya for ten days. :)


Working from Salida (although I'm going to CHI again monday for a week, and will probably 1-2/mo), we're going to get it done... The Lord is in this process, and good is the goal... it will be (is being!) blessed. Rafting - of which I had grown a peace in my mind about not being a part of because of pressures from the spirit to move towards this kind of work - as it turns out is probably going to be an option :) The river is life.. and these people (raft guides) are dear friends... and it appears (based on our strategic timeline at WB) that another summer on the Ark is as good a possibility as any... working out so that come August I'll enter back into more of a full time role with WB. Right now I am considered a 'consultant', but we have hopes and plan on me becoming a full-time salaried employee... Glory :)

Warm Blankets mission statement... James 1:27.

Couldn't ask for anything more :))


So much more between the lines here where the spirit has just 'shown up' and made it so obvious this is a good fit, I could write a book on it... but I won't :) just yet anyway.. ha.

Last, and certainly not least.. before I go... Thank you, thank you, THANK you for your prayers those of you who lifted me up after my last post asking for you to join me in prayer.. and thank you, THANK you to those of you who were lifting me up even before then after my second to last post on ash wednesday where so clearly the spirit wanted to move, wanted me open and acknowledging His power in new and beautiful ways.. and I did.. and you prayed on my behalf.. and He is good, he is faithful, He is 'the resurrection and the life, that he who believes in Me shall realize everlasting life... life given on earth in the form of our God's spirit, sent to comfort, and guide us through this world on our way to eternity.' :) glory.

Be well friends!




If you're interested in hearing more about the organization, check out the website or shoot me a message... would love the opportunity to share more :)






1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, Luke! Your passion leaps of this page.
    Hope you continue to find abundant happiness.
    -Brad

    ReplyDelete