Sunday, May 3, 2009

Leaving

A rookie blogger, i sit here in my bed seven hours from takeoff contemplating exactly what i’m getting myself into creating this blog thing... Just the fact that my fingers are extremely hesitant to move as they are so used to makes me wonder... I’ve in sitting here decided that given the audience, nothing would be more appropriate than to on this journey be completely transparent and real with you all along the way. If there’s one thing i can’t stand its writers block, a subject i’ve unleashed pages of disgruntlement towards. I want you to know what I see, but more I want you to know what I feel, and for this I need to let down my guard and just be... I need not worry about proper grammar (got that derek?), or whether what i say will offend people... I need to be real, especially when its with those I care deeply about. You wouldn’t be reading this if you weren’t someone who is very special to me... It’ll be just as much a journey for me writing of my experiences and various ‘heart poundings’ as it will be for you reading them i’m sure of it...

I know I need to be up in four hours, but something in me just won’t let me close my eyes until i’ve captured ‘something’. And I guess in my reflection this evening, i’m realizing that right now, at this very moment, what i’m about to do, where i’m about to go, for the amount of time i’m going... is just now hitting me...

... so i wasn’t sure exactly what I meant by that so i just journeyed to the bathroom to ‘think’ ( cause
“sometimes it’s the only place you can think clearly” - dad), and I suppose what i was trying to say is that in looking forward to where i’m going, meanwhile like a thick fog in my skull is the rememberance of these past weeks at home and even further back to my amazing time in vail with such great people... i think twice about my intentions, and wonder just how much i’m willing to be stretched. See... that was the whole idea, to go to a place where i will undoubtedly be stretched. Get out of my comfort zone... and just show up. How the lord lead me to Peru? Really in thinking about it, i’ve no clue... It could’ve been anywhere! But in seeking to combine a travel experience with a sense of purpose, here i am, ready, but am i really... There’s always a part of me that doesn’t really want to be ‘fully’ ready... toothbrush and underwear are all I need right J? Lets let the lord take care of the rest, and become excited in the waiting, find peace in the stretching, and seek truth in the molding of our lives..

Thank you all for your prayers and love! I know this entry may be a bit scattered as i’m running on fumes, and while i’m not sure the scatterdness will go away, i AM sure it will get more refined with time... so, a refined scatteredness, hmm... sounds lovely... sounds like luke. wow...

On repeat in my heart are the words of one of my favorite hymns... i’ll leave you with the lyrics.
really read them... they’re awesome!

“Oh soul are you weary and troubled,
no light in the darkness you see,
there’s light for a look at the savior,
and life more abundant and free.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
look full in his wonderful face,
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
in the light of his glory and grace.

To death and to life everlasting,
he passed and we follow him there,
over us sin no more hath dominion,
for more than conquerers we are.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
look full in his wonderful face,
and the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
in the light of his glory and grace.

His word shall not fill you he promised,
believe him and all will be well,
then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
look full in his wonderful face,
and the thigns of earth will grow strangely dim,
in the light of his glory and grace.



Love to you all! See ya in Costa Rica!

luke

3 comments:

  1. Oh luke. This journey like a river starts small and winds and turns. Times of barrenness and seasons overflowing. Refreshment for the soul. Be real, be present. (for what are we, but a mist).

    All my blessings, all my love.

    (and I won't read this unless you tell some jokes. funny jokes.)

    [carpediem]
    Darrelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed a few problems with your grammar and conventions, Luke.

    Oh, wait... sorry. Can't wait to follow you on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. four years later !!!!!

    ReplyDelete