Monday, August 5, 2013

Words... They're Powerful.

While it certainly aint the easiest thing smoking a pipe and typing at the same time, tonight I find myself under the stars enjoying the silhouetted smoke on my computer screen as I dive into what was a weekend which filled me as quickly or quicker than it drained... spiritually, physically, everyally... I enjoyed "church" in the non-traditional sense all weekend long, communing with randoms, floating rivers, finding alone time... church.

Saturday night I found myself pouring Sozo wine at an incredible event in Vancouver called Sip-n-Stroll... a beautiful fundraiser all to benefit the efforts of the Hough foundation. I could go into all the beautiful things they're doing at Hough, or the dozen or so incredible conversations I had that one night (the whole weekend really) instead I want to share about one in particular which has had my mind spinning & my heart feeling good in the time since...

At some point during the night a woman in her mid-fifties strolls in and - after tasting the two Sozo blends we were offering - proceeds to allow her mind to be blown by the unique model of Sozo wine... specifically the beauty behind the names of the different blends. That night we were offering Compassion Chardonnay & Contribute Cabernet... I told her of the many others including Abundant, Mercy, Bountiful, Generosity, Charity, Freedom etc...

She was clearly the hippie type, and one of my first questions to her was if she practiced meditation, See, in meditating its common to identify your intention, or choose a single word to focus on, shaping your day around a word, an intention; love, peace, joy, forgiveness... good things. Yes, not to my surprise she practiced this and understood the power of focusing on a word, and in that time of meditation clearing your "cache" of anything that doesn't serve your intention.

Anyway... moving on... it was maybe five or so minutes into talking with this woman that MY mind began to be blown. I remembered an old video I had watched on YouTube of a study done by a Japanese man, Dr Masaru Emoto where he took jars of water and soaked them with words... literally had people stand by them, and think of a word specific to each jar.... praying over them with this specific intention, communicating the emotion of the word into the physical structure of the water... into their surroundings really, the water was just what would be tested, and the results are fascinating. There were two groups of water jugs, one group where good thoughts soaked the air, and another with things contrary to good. What he found was incredible - and in some ways hard to believe. The physical structure of the water molecules in both groups appears as different as night and day... one group the molecules looks like a piece of art, perfectly designed crystals which demand a stare, the engineer of which deserves the highest worship... the other, just blobs of nothingness, ugly, unattractive, nothing to enjoy... I've given a link to one of the many videos on this study at the bottom, check it out..

So anyway, I remember this study and - at a new level - feel the goodness of what my hands have found to do for the time being.. Sozo. I saw it in a new way. See, this lady was - in a passionate way - going off on how powerful a single word can be, and in that moment I realized how beautiful it was that each bottle was given a virtuous name... Generosity, Mercy, Compassion... and in that moment I remembered that study by Dr. Emoto and felt the power of what Sozo was delivering not only to those receiving the benefits of meals/freedom/water contributed... but the holder of the bottle. Could the physical structure of the molecules within those bottles be growing in beauty as growers, bottlers, admirers, and customers experienced the emotion of the name given that particular blend of wine? I just don't know... I'd like to believe yes:)

I believe in the supernatural. You can't believe in the God of "my" understanding and not believe in powers outside of mans understanding.. I cannot. And having worked this new territory just north and south of the beautiful Columbia River this past month, Sozo has wings when most like it seem to just have legs... and while legs aren't bad, wings certainly do help:)

My pipe died about ten lines ago... a damn shame. I will leave you - whoever might've made it this far in reading such a mess of thoughts - with what I believe to be the best words to meditate on. In the word of my God, they're compared to fruits which we can all grow by the power of our maker's Spirit... juicy fruits for all to pick and enjoy... the kind which blow your mind with their flavor, juice dripping down your cheek but you don't even care because it's so good.. fruitstand fruits... not that crap at safeway... ha

So... here it is...

"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Some beautiful words to focus on... to soak in... to believe in and feel your body's structure turn to a beautiful glow as you grow fruit and transform your molecules to their intended design.

Do yourself a favor today and click here for a quick vid (one of many) on Dr. Emoto's study...

G'night... moon?... and whoever's on the other side of these words.

luke

1 comment:

  1. Luke. Start writing again. Or rather, take what you have been writing and post it here. You have things people need to read, old friend.

    Love to you.
    d

    ReplyDelete