Tuesday, July 23, 2013

If you love the river...

You'll stick around, read and then watch the video at the bottom... ha

I've had quite the journey since I last wrote. Much to share, but whatever... this last weekend I went to Bend. I was meant to be there. The second day there I had one of the most profound river experiences I've ever had. I went down a section of the Deschutes with three friends... a hodge podge group from pasts presents and most likely futures... it was wonderful.

I made a video of the experience, it was the first time i've used this camera - a gift from my parents:) I stitched it with a song we randomly discovered minutes before putting on the river, it was a profound moment, and set the stage for what would be a spiritual experience for all floating that day.

From my perspective, you'll see all three in the beginning, and at some point going through the rapids all of them are out of their boat (can you spot it, first the kayak then the empty raft), and I witnessed this believing - at the point i'm sitting in the eddy after the first big wave - that the girl in the kayak was caught in a strainer river right or in serious trouble.. well, I would cross the river and see her clinging to the rock, can you see her?

How we got her out of the eddy (took an hour and a half.. kayaking back through rapid, hiking lava fields, ropes everywhere.. it was nuts) is after the fact... the profound moment of this whole experience was leading a group where in the middle of the rapid (three big waves right below the incident) you look back and see everyone bobbing in the river... if you're a river person, you can probably relate. It does something to a person, it's crazy... I put the song we loved to the video I took, it came out alright and I think conveys well what my mind and spirit were going through, first seeing her not get her roll up in practice, then going through the rapid and everything you hoped wouldn't happen does. The raft gets off line because they focus on the flipped kayak and they dump truck because of it.. everyone out of the boat. Then to see the boat fly by with both back in it, pheww... but where's the kayaker?? Anyway.. I think you might enjoy... it was a spiritual experience for all involved (rookie guide, first time rafter, young kayaker and myself) consider it a journey into my experience. my first video edit.. ha

Click here for the video **Watch in HD**

My journey has been sweet these past months... I hope to share more with -- whoever reads this crap -- in the future.

Good night friends..

luke

No comments:

Post a Comment