Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spiritual Happenings

These days, my misadventures - while they have brought me to such amazing places recently including an incredibly rich time at Malibu for a two week session with dad, a five day san juans sea kayak trip with five quality people (raft guides!), and time before, after and in-between spent here, at our warm little slice of NW heaven pie - seem to be more of the spiritual kind. My journeys through old & new testament seem to be where the greatest ADventures lie these days. Scripture has become alive to me.. its understood - in this stage of life - what craving the good word feels like :) It’s like a looove song... I only say that because the live version of the song “love song” by loggins & messina just came on my pandora and, well... it is! He does want to sing us a love song, to get to know us, to show us the peaceful feeling of His heart... and the feeling a person in love gets in listening to a love song I believe is of the same substance as that of his love wrapping its eternal arms around us... the song is in his scripture, in his promises, in the gift of the holy spirit :)

I feel led to share these spiritual happenings regularly on my blog... and while I know the number of people who will actually follow will be few, it will show itself in my life as a form of spiritual accountability, where if my spiritual ponderings are ‘out in the open’, it will bring light, to lives... mine included :)

I want to commit to three posts a week at first... following my journey through the three sections I have lately been cycling through regularly; the old testament, the gospels, and well, the rest... I just got into 1 Kings, Hebrews, and am almost through Matthew... All are rocking my world!

So I invite you to join me, to seek to understand the mysteries of this world, and the world to come... to learn to be better feelers of the word, growing fruit for those near us in need to pick off and enjoy a big juicy bite of :)


Sinking seeds in rich soil,

luke

No comments:

Post a Comment